Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thought I’d post quick while my dinner is cooking(we’re having fried chicken if you’re interested.)
Its been a pretty busy couple of weeks around here. Actually, it wasn’t too bad, but for me, busy.
I went to my favorite yarn store this week. If you’ve ever been to Kraemers you know how great they are—if not head on over to their website. I made a sweater out of their Naturally Nazareth and socks out of Tatamy Tweed DK. It is just really nice yarn. They recently added a few new ones to their lines and I couldn’t resist! They also started stocking a bit more variety and they have EXCELLENT prices on sock yarn.
Clockwise l-r: tan Tatamy Tweed, bare sock yarn "Jeannie", teal Tatamy Tweed
I got the bare sock yarn for my Sockapalooza pal even though I don’t know who it is yet! I just stocked up on kool-aid and read Eunny’s tutorial for dyeing self-striping yarn. I can’t wait to start. The yarn is super soft, too!
The Tatamy Tweed worsted was in their clearance bin! Yeah! I'm thinking a cute stripey summer tank.

So, I have a gazillion projects currently on the needles but here are the ones I’m really working on right.

clockwise l-r:Magic stripe socks, trekking socks, sweater for mom, cotton fleece baby dress

The blue one is actually from my original list of 2007 knits The pattern is in the newest Vogue Knitting(Pattern #19 if you must know). It was exactly what I was looking for!
I just can’t get into those Magic Stripe socks anymore. I only have like 7 more rows to go but. . . after the Trekking XXL, it is so nasty. The pink one is at the boring stage. 6 inches of stockinette,ho-hum. sorry its a little blurry

These are our first little plants--broccoli and lettuce. We planted them on Monday and they're already this big!

No comments: