Monday, June 11, 2007

Mission Accomplished


The Josephine top is done. After pulling all day knit-a-thons for the past week, I finished up at 4:00 pm Sunday afternoon. I had to be at the church at 4:30. There's still a few ends to be woven in but otherwise its done!!! Don't you love the Harvest Gold appliances?
Specs:

Started: May 31 2007
Finished: June 10, 2007
Pattern: Josphine Top by Deborah Newton in Interweave Knits Summer 2007
size: 36 1/2
Yarn: Turquoise designer yarn that was given to me by a very nice lady at church.(She asked,"Is this to thin to knit with?") dyed turquoise with Dylon dye.
Needles: US 5 and US4 for the armhole bind off.
Changes: I substituted the cord for some sheer ribbon. I knew I wouldn't have time to make it myself. Other than that I followed the pattern exactly.
My thoughts: I think this is the first sweater that I've made that I'll actually wear. The length is super, the color looks good on me, and I don't have to keep adjusting anything on it. Its pretty light considering that the yarn is probably 100% cotton. Not completely sure of that though. I totally recommend this pattern. Its fairly quick although I was stressed out while I was finishing the front on Saturday.(Just ask Dan)

Hurray for wearable knits!


Back to sockapaloozing-- this week a finished sock(I promise)

No comments: